AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lasik vision correction
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

berggrenfarms
Posted 5/15/2019 09:39 (#7498338 - in reply to #7498095)
Subject: RE: Lasik vision correction

Nebraska, The land of corn and cattle

I had mine done about 6 or 7 years ago and its the best thing Ive ever done, I was told I was the perfect candidate for it, I was 25ish, near sighted and my prescription hadn't changed in many years. 

My healing didn't take a year, at least nothing that affected me enough to notice. I had mine done in the winter, but then I took a few days off and stayed in the house until they cleared me to go outside, basically followed the instructions to the T. I still have some starbursts and halos at night but I had them before anyway, but for the first couple weeks they were worse than normal. 

In the time leading up to the surgery youll have more eye exams than youll have at any other time in your life, but I figure Id go every day for a month if that's what they needed to make sure it was right. The worst part of the whole thing was during one of the exams leading up to the surgery they need to dilate your eyes, so they put some kind of drops in them, well apparently it works real well, because I couldn't even THINK about being in the sunlight for about 2 days without sunglasses and the cheap roll up sunglasses they give you under my normal sunglasses.

Then the day of the surgery they forgot to give me the Valium pill until about 10 min before I went in so my nerves were a little tight at the beginning, and if you've ever branded cattle youll know the smell when they shoot the laser.

Finally, DO NOT watch Final Destination 5? the night before you go, theres a scene where one of the characters goes in for Lasik and if you know how those movies work, then you can guess what happens next. I made this mistake and it didn't help the late Valium issue at all lol 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)