AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble FMX Autopilot fault code 118
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

farmerjon52
Posted 5/15/2019 22:17 (#7499248 - in reply to #7497680)
Subject: RE: Trimble FMX Autopilot fault code 118

I have an MF 8480 and Challenger MT665B (same tractor basically) each running autopilot. In my case I have seen that code many times. The 8480 has the agco autosteer valve on it. MT has the Trimble kit. With the 8480 I used to get it because my steering valve was failing (cannot confirm but may have been shorting out.) Dealer changed the valve and 99% of the problem seems to be solved. The only time I get it new is when I do not move the tractors switch that activates the steering valve to the position (one side of the switch is off, the middle I can use with the trimble power relay to turn my FMX on and the other side is turns the valve on. If I do not have the valve on it will bark the fault code, I have to clear it in the fmx and then if I press the switch all the way I can auto steer. It is definitely a CAN communication issue because before I replaced my valve I would watch in diagnostics on the auto pilot and when the CAN communications would stop my tractor would turn hard left and I could not turn it back right until I shut off the steering valve.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)