AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Straw auctions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

rank
Posted 5/14/2019 22:06 (#7497769 - in reply to #7497720)
Subject: RE: Straw auctions

SEON
threegnpowerstroke98 - 5/14/2019 21:45

My two neighbors milking 140 head of cattle with at least two employees at all time, brand new trucks, snowmobiles (with two trips to the mountains a year) and new trailer for them is not great management. The quota system is changing and I don't think it's for the worst.

Two trips to the mountains in the winter? Is that more extravagant than a Corn-beans-Florida rotation? Maybe tough times for a grain farmer is a corn-beans -mexico rotation? I know a grain farmer that doesn’t grow wheat because it ruins his summer. I know another that snowmobiles thousands of miles every year

I know that cows eat grain and I didn’t need to take Agribusiness at U of M to figure that out. Maybe ask yourself if your neighbors aren’t growing hay to feed cows what that land will be growing and how that affects local basis.

For the record, I meant management of the supply by the milk marketing board, not management of individual farms.

And don't focus on Neighbours success make your own. Jealousy will make you bitter.

Edited by rank 5/15/2019 00:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)