AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader controlling half-width disconnects?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/12/2019 09:16 (#7492563 - in reply to #7492414)
Subject: RE: Agleader controlling half-width disconnects?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
KMech - 5/12/2019 08:13

tedbear - 5/12/2019 06:38
A concern would be that the half width disconnect clutches on the planter may have a considerable electrical draw. This often exceeds the Clutch module's current handling ability as the Clutch Module needs to provide ground to cycle both clutches OFF at times. A HD relay at each clutch would solve that problem. With the relay, the electrical load of actually cycling the clutch OFF would be carried by a pair of heavier wires leading directly to the battery on the tractor. Then the Clutch Module only needs to operate the coil of each relay which it can handle easily.

Apparently this has not been a problem with your drill but would be a consideration with the planter clutches.

Two clutches is no problem for a clutch module. You can go to three, and maybe have to deal with an occassional fuse burnout. Four is the point where it becomes troublesome. Four is the point where I use relays to offload two of them from the CCM. I have never seen two be a problem.

OK that would eliminate the need for the relays. It would be important to disconnect any frame grounds as the OP mentions that he did on the drill. I didn't do many with half width clutches but usually used a relay to be safe.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)