AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader controlling half-width disconnects?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/12/2019 07:38 (#7492340 - in reply to #7492049)
Subject: RE: Agleader controlling half-width disconnects?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
As I recall with the Ag Leader setups on the 16/31 type planters for population (at least with a STTM), the seed tube wiring harness goes to all 31 rows.

When the configuration is created there is an option for pusher units. With this option unchecked, the system assumes the units are on a straight line and numbers the rows from let to right. With this option checked the system internally renames or rearranges the rows so the left rear unit is row #1 as usual. The left front unit is row #2, The next rear unit is row #3. The next front unit is row #4 etc. So standing behind the planter, the rows would go from 1-31 from left to right but alternate from back to front and the back to front all the way across.

When this same planter was used for 16-30" rows only the rear units will be used so the pusher unit option is left unchecked. The former front units are disregarded and the rear units as numbered 1-16 as would be the case with a straight 16 row.

This means that in either planting situation when the population monitor reports a problem on a certain row, the operator would always count from left to right to locate the troublesome row.

The Clutch situation is independent so setting up the configuration as a two section machine should operate the clutches for the left and right halves properly. This is assuming each half width clutch controls that "sides" both front and rear which I think would be the case.

A concern would be that the half width disconnect clutches on the planter may have a considerable electrical draw. This often exceeds the Clutch module's current handling ability as the Clutch Module needs to provide ground to cycle both clutches OFF at times. A HD relay at each clutch would solve that problem. With the relay, the electrical load of actually cycling the clutch OFF would be carried by a pair of heavier wires leading directly to the battery on the tractor. Then the Clutch Module only needs to operate the coil of each relay which it can handle easily.

Apparently this has not been a problem with your drill but would be a consideration with the planter clutches.

Edited by tedbear 5/12/2019 07:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)