AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another Agleader question while I wait on hold
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 5/11/2019 07:18 (#7490503 - in reply to #7490300)
Subject: RE: Another Agleader question while I wait on hold

Missouri
It will work fine like that. You're probably feeding it with a 14 gauge line where it would have normally had a 12 gauge line, but it will not be a problem.

If the planter was in 8 sections instead of 14, you would be powering it with a single power line. It's the 3rd module that causes the need for the second power line, and the modules themselves draw a trivial amount of power.

There are no metripack connectors on ag leader harnessing that I have ever seen. If the line you used was a pink wire, that is also a deutsch connector, just a DT series instead of the larger gray DTP series. It would have originally been fused at 15 amps. It is known as the "guidance power" circuit, and would be used to provide power to an Ag Leader autosteer system. The only problem you will encounter with your "cheat" is down the road, if you install autosteer, you will find the required power source already in use.

I have gone to powering both power circuits, even for guys that do not currently need it, in the interest of "future-proofing" for every one of my customers except the guys that beat me up on price in search of the ultimate bottom dollar.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)