AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1990 CCS Ag Express hydraulic drive
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/8/2019 15:29 (#7484396 - in reply to #7484096)
Subject: RE: 1990 CCS Ag Express hydraulic drive

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
kkuntz36 - 5/8/2019 12:45

Was wondering if anyone has seen or ran a 1990 CCS drill with ag express hydraulic drive and controlling it with Deere dry rate controller? I am trying to dial one in now and im just curious how accurate it will actually be with applied rate. Right now im trying a target of 60 lbs to the acre and in the CFR cal im at the farthest number and if I change it I go from 55 lbs to 65 lbs, so im basically out of calibration and the customer will not accept that performance. Any help? Thank you

Not familiar with that exact setup but generally the dry rate controllers work by having a shaft sensor that produces a certain number of pulses/revolution. This number is entered into the display. There are different shaft sensors with different calibration numbers. The system also uses the CFR number (cubic feet per revolution) as well as the density of the product in an effort to calculate how much product is being delivered. The shaft sensor produces pulses which are converted to Revolutions by using the shaft sensor cal number, this value is converted to volume by using the CFR number, finally this value is converted to pounds by using the density number. If the calibration for the shaft sensor is incorrect it can be compensated for by the CFR number but this might result in too coarse of a change.

If I'm understanding your situation, by using one CFR number your application is a bit low but my using the next CFR number the application is a bit too high.

In other words the CFR number is changing the output too much. You really need a CFR number in between your choices. Possibly purposely lying about the shaft cal number and then using a different CFR number might make the change in the CFR number less coarse.

This might be a result of using a dry rate controller with a drill when it may have been designed for fertilizer.

Edited by tedbear 5/8/2019 15:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)