AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 7430 gps speed as radar problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

EastOnfarmer
Posted 5/3/2019 17:40 (#7474589)
Subject: JD 7430 gps speed as radar problem

Eastern Ontario, Canada
long time listener, first time caller. usually do a search and get what i need.

7430 tractor, sf6000, gs2 1800, atu 200, seedstar2 vrt.

have ran wire from pin 1 at receiver to every spot possible, direct to 1800 display, further back in harness, and right to the radar plug under cab. since this tractor has a tecu kit it has the APM (advanced performance monitor) instead of the BPM(basic performance monitor) , there is no check mark available for direct radar input. it must come from the tractor so it can automatically switch back to wheel speed if radar is lost. So i have been to the dealer for field installed software for radar, only needed for 6030/7030 premium tractors, changed all the bcu and tecu codes to allow radar on both tractor command center and gs2 display. now i have all of the icons and everything on the displays but only get ZEROS across the board. have used different pieces of wires etc etc to eliminate possibilities. anyone ever seen a starfire globe not putting out a radar pulse out of pin 1?. anyway to use a multimeter to check radar pulse? also, at the tractor radar plug under the cab, i only connected to the brown wire. two red wires also on plug but only to power each of the dual beams that would be there i presume.

any replies appreciated, think this may be a tough one to solve!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)