AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case 1250 + AgLeader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/1/2019 13:12 (#7470065 - in reply to #7469358)
Subject: RE: Case 1250 + AgLeader

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
1) I'm not aware that there would be a sensor problem using an Ag Leader Integra or InCommand 1200 with a Seed Tube Monitoring module for population.

2) The InCommand could run the hydraulic drive and clutches and in most cases it would be done that way but it wouldn't have to. The InCommand can run the population monitoring and not even be aware that hydraulic drive or clutches are involved. The Ag Leader modules for population monitoring, clutch control and hydraulic drive are separate modules and can be used separately or any combination.

3) The InCommand could handle the liquid but it doesn't have to. If it were going to handle the liquid and seed population monitoring, a multi-product unlock would be necessary.

4) If you are going to continue to use the Pro 700 for hydraulic drive, clutches and controlling the liquid, it seems to me that the only thing that the InCommand would be doing is population monitoring. Unless you have use for the InCommand in other situations throughout the year, it seems quite expensive to install this just to pick up the advanced seed diagnostics.

Personally I use an InCommand 1200 to steer the planting tractor, run seed clutches and monitor the seed as well as control liquid spray and monitor starter fertilizer. Last year I installed 6 weigh bars to check on down force but have no control other than old fashioned springs. The planter is ground drive.

I have all the advanced seed diagnostics with the InCommand 1200 and do watch them but I wouldn't install an InCommand just for that.

Edited by tedbear 5/1/2019 18:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)