AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NAV II not detected case magnum
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Joe@RFDG
Posted 4/30/2019 14:47 (#7467915 - in reply to #7467861)
Subject: RE: NAV II not detected case magnum

Glenwood, Mn

If the NAV was updated to the latest the pro700 most definitely needs to be updated. Fairly quick process but must be done at the dealer.

Edit to add:  I don't know why they wouldn't have updated the Pro700.  That kind of goes hand in hand with the NAV and 372. 

I learned the hard way by doing the exact same thing you did.  My FIL bought a new to him 290 last spring.  We went to install the 372 and the Pro700 wasn't seeing the NAV.  We updated the NAV and it worked.  Fast forward to this year.  We updated the 372 for the GPS rollover week.  The Pro700 wouldn't configure the 372 for xFill.  Had to update the Pro700.  Now the Nav needed to be updated because the Pro700 wouldn't see the Nav.  Updated the NAV and now it works.  This is pretty normal with the firmware versions needing to be from the same vintage so to speak.

All the above being said.  If you try to select accuguide from the Pro700 it SHOULD bark at you saying the NAV is the wrong version.  If it does not, it isn't seeing it at all.  There should be a diagnostics light that flashes indicating power to the NAV (assuming it's behind the seat).  The harness isn't super complicated and easy to troubleshoot from a tech perspective.  I have seen the harness go bad in spots (sounds like you did as well?).

I don't work with this stuff everyday but farmer intuition says that probably should be the case.

I do find it hard to believe the tech would leave the site without a resolution?  That seems super odd to me.  They are complicated systems but easy to break down into different parts.  Like you said, check power at the connector first.  That's pretty easy to do from a tech standpoint.  That's what you paid him for is it not?  To troubleshoot?  Anyways, that probably wouldn't have happened around here and I am glad we have the good support that we do. In fact, I just sent a text to the AFS guy that takes care of my FIL to make sure he knows he's appreciated!  There ain't a whole lot that guy can't figure out.

Edited by Joe@RFDG 4/30/2019 15:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)