AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Geosteer and Hydac valve on JD 8410's
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

young_gun
Posted 4/29/2019 21:27 (#7466446)
Subject: Ag Leader Geosteer and Hydac valve on JD 8410's

Iowa
So a year ago installed geosteer and new hydac valve for integrated autosteer on JD 8410. Had to install power beyond on tractor to do this. Problem with that tractor is it auto steers very smooth and like it should as long as no other scv is being used. Moment you lift or lower an implement there is a loud popping sound which is the hydac valve hitting hard because the pressure drops from power beyond when scv is engaged which we verified with a pressure gauge hooked to diagnostic port on hydac valve. We chalked it up as something must be wrong with valve stack but have kept using the tractor.

Now this year purchased a another 8410 and installed the same setup and it performs the same way. I have the hydac valve oraficed as per the instructions and I am very positive the hoses are hooked up correctly but I cannot for the life of me figure out why we are now having the same issue on 2 tractors. There's got to be a common factor here that I am missing but dealer and Ag Leader are scratching there head as much as me on this.

I'm thinking it has to be something to do with the load sense and not sending the signal to the pump to stroke up to maintain pressure when an scv is running. I just don't know what to check to try and diagnose.

Any help appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)