AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GPS Problems: DigiFarm to Case IH to Precision Planting 2020
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Joe@RFDG
Posted 4/30/2019 15:55 (#7468048 - in reply to #7467561)
Subject: RE: GPS Problems: DigiFarm to Case IH to Precision Planting 2020

Glenwood, Mn

I commented earlier in the thread that Midwest linked to.  The skip is usually due to the 262/372 having issues with the NAV while using the VRS/VBN corrections.  This issue was seen with all state run networks and even Trimble's own VRS network.  Anyways, if you switch to WAAS, they will usually go away.  An update, as I stated in the other thread, reportedly helps "fix" this issue for the 372.  I don't know if an update exists for the 262.

Having a "tee" harness bypasses the NAV and reportedly does fix the issue.  Meaning it is then confirmed the issue is with the NAV talking to the 262/372 and outputting the "corrected" position.  To me that states an issue with the NAV software not a 372 but I don't get the inner workings of the stuff.

Along those notes.  The "whirly birds" are sometimes from a bad NAV or my likely steering angle sensor.  On Case 4wd's there was a high failure rate.  Less so on the MFWD's.

The heading is calculated less accurately on WAAS vs RTK so the problem becomes pronounced.  Meaning, switching from RTK to WAAS appears to "fix" the problem.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)