AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hydraulic drive, ag leader, rate not controlling.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/29/2019 08:07 (#7464987 - in reply to #7464941)
Subject: RE: Hydraulic drive, ag leader, rate not controlling.

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Yes, that is very necessary. In the calibration step the systems needs a "number to start with" this is the actual number of cells per revolution as shown in the chart above. If everything is perfect when you do the calibration process, the disk should turn exactly 5 revolutions so ideally the seeds that you catch and count would be 5 times the number of seeds per revolution.

Example. With a Deere planter with a 30 cell corn disk, the calibration process should yield 5 x 30 = 150 seeds in the pail. This would be assuming exactly 5 revolutions (proves the gear ratio chosen is correct) and exactly 1 seed per cell. Let's say you counted the seeds caught in the pail and got 149. You would enter this value and the system would modify the 30 seeds/revolution value to something like 29.8 seeds/revolution and then use that value instead of 30 to compute how fast it should turn the motor to get the correct population. The system would run the drive a hair faster to make up for that 1 lost seed. The process should be repeated a few times.

If the number of seeds that you catch and count is not real close to the ideal number (150 in my example) then something is wrong. Maybe the ratio is incorrect or maybe there is a problem with the seed metering system. Another way to check the ratio, is to make a mark on the seed disk with the cover off and have someone push the prime key. This should make the seed disk turn exactly one revolution. If not, the ratio is incorrect.

Edited by tedbear 4/29/2019 08:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)