AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hydraulic drive, ag leader, rate not controlling.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/29/2019 06:23 (#7464765 - in reply to #7464050)
Subject: RE: Hydraulic drive, ag leader, rate not controlling.

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
STFB - 4/28/2019 19:14

So i added hydraulic drive onto my planter. It had clutches, stmm, and liquid products module. the implement switch is on the hydraulic drive module.

I can't get any of the rows to turn green, just grey or red when the switch is off. I can get the hydraulic drive to work in manual and opening the valve, after switching the lines in the remote.

i think i have the drive motor installed backwards. i can not perform the calibration because it won't turn the shaft.... but i can switch it back to manual and open it up.

So im assuming i can't get the rows to turn green or rate control until i calibrate..... and i can't calibrate until i flip the drive because its not dropping seed now.

any insight would be greatly appreciated.... and yes i tried jumping the implement switch

There may be some confusion with the implement switch situation or the configuration but the very most important step is to make sure the hydraulic drive is installed correctly. If running a single drive off an SCV, the button or lever is usually operated in the "Down" position so the the operator can go to float so the system can coast to a stop. This means the right coupler is connected to the PWM valve which leads to the input port of the motor. The return oil out of the motor should lead back to the left side of the SCV. Sometimes the tractor may have a motor return port which could be used instead. I know from experience that running oil through a valve "backwards" will get action but usually strange results.

As far as your implement switch or switches, only the highest priority seed module should be connected to the implement switch. Since you have clutches, STMM, Liquid and now hyd drive. The hyd drive module and the liquid module should both be connected to the implement switch or switches. My planter is not identical but I have clutches, STTM, and a Liquid module. I have two actual implement switches with a third override switch in the cab that split and rejoin to connect to the clutch module and liquid module. If I were to go with a hydraulic drive I would have to move the implement switch branch that goes to the clutch module now to the hyd module. You should have done the same. I forget if the clutch module should then be jumpered or left open.

You may wonder why I have a third implement switch override in the cab. This is a lighted rocker switch that is normally run in the OFF position. That means the real implement switches are in control BUT I can override them for testing or backing into a corner if that is helpful. I must remember to turn the override switch back to OFF for normal operation. The lighted rocker is handy and shows the status to the implement switch harness. That means in normal operation, the light should go ON when the planter is down and OFF when the planter is UP.

When you created the new configuration, the system will have assigned the hydraulic drive to a section switch. I'm not sure how this was done with a single drive but I'm guessing it is assigned to section 1 which may be part of the confusion. This may have entered into the confusion but your really must get the hydraulic routing confirmed first.

Here are some drawings for multiple modules and multiple implement switches. I just thought of it this way as I built my own implement switch harness for my planter. Get 12V from Pin A of just one implement switch branch, split it and run it to each implement switch. Pin B from all the implement switch branches join together somewhere. That means that the junction point would be "hot" whenever any switch says plant. Run wires from the Junction point to any modules that need an implement switch on Pin B. This means that only one Pin A is used but might eventually feed several Pin B's.

https://support.agleader.com/kbp/index.php?View=entry&EntryID=249

Edited by tedbear 4/29/2019 06:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)