AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Integra guidance lines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/28/2019 07:47 (#7462864 - in reply to #7462359)
Subject: RE: Integra guidance lines

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Yes, the shift left or shift right refer to the direction of the original pass (in other words from A to B, not B to A). This is not a problem if the first pass today is in the same direction as the original AB line was created. I fought with this one time and was certain that the screen prompts were wrong because I needed to shift the opposite way. The reason was that in that instance I was going from West to East but the original line made the prior year was from East to West.

There are various ways around this. If the system notices that today's implement is a different width than the width that was associated with the original line it will suggest that the line be shifted a number of rows or distance that is half the distance between the original implement width and today's implement width. This can work fine if the direction idea mentioned is correct.

When I'm in those situations I usually use the ReMark feature. That is choose the line I want to use and then eyeball where to start my first pass by driving the rig to where I want to start. Then pushing the ReMark choice will cause the AB lines to slide to this location.

NEILFarmer mentions what I think of as an extra key push that I sometimes forget to do. That is shifting a certain distance requires another key push to lock it in. Otherwise it reverts back to the original.

Another approach that I have used is to have an AB line that is the property line. Then I purposely shift right or left half the implement width maybe plus a little fudge factor is there really is a line fence, otherwise without a line fence I put it right on the money. Some of my neighbors have Ag Leader equipment also. If we both have the same AB property lines in our rigs, he can shift his to the left and I shift mine to the right and it works out very well. This only works with property lines with no fences, trees or other obstructions.

Edited by tedbear 4/28/2019 07:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)