AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PWM Liquid Pump Issues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/21/2019 13:16 (#7451496 - in reply to #7451297)
Subject: RE: PWM Liquid Pump Issues

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I replied to another post yesterday about a PWM situation, this was with a sprayer but much of it still applies to your situation. I don't know that this will solve your problem but might be helpful with some of the settings and what they mean. See below.

The tractor hydraulics would need to be set so the flow is enough to allow the pump to turn faster. The valve has three ports but most likely you will only need to use two with a modern tractor. Oil should come from the tractor to the IN port and leave the valve out the CF (controlled Flow) port to the IN port of the orbit motor. The oil coming OUT of the orbit motor should have a clear path back to the tractor. The third port on the valve is usually plugged when used with a modern tractor. If this oil is going to be used for another orbit motor than the third port might be used but this shouldn't pertain to your rig.

If hydraulic valves are plumbed incorrectly they will often work but not properly. When starting out, you would want the zero flow offset and standby PWM values set to zero. This numbers are limits that can be used when running spray pumps in sprayers and the like to keep the pump turning for agitation etc. This will limit the "low end" which may not allow the system to run slow enough for other situations.

I am assuming you have a Liquid Product Control module. You will either need to have a real implement switch or a jumper on the the implement switch branch. If you have auto swath you will want to have it set to inactive (off) for testing purposes. You will want to run in manual and attempt to change the pump speed with the INCREASE and DECREASE arrows for testing. If you wish to use Rate 1 or Rate 2 for testing, you will either need to be moving or switch to a manual speed. When finished do not forget to switch back to real speed or the system will assume you are driving at the test speed.

Edited by tedbear 4/21/2019 13:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)