AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hydraulic valve and field iq help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/21/2019 09:36 (#7451233 - in reply to #7450711)
Subject: RE: Hydraulic valve and field iq help

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Field IQ should be configured to work with a standard control valve. You may have two choice such as inline and bypass. Picking the wrong one will cause an INCREASE to actually amount to a DECREASE. If this happens change the setup or swap the two wires around.

Pick the standard control valve choice and NOT the fast or fast close choice. Your standard control valve has gears in it to reduce its speed considerably. The Fast valve motors do not have the gear reduction so the system must provide very short shots of electricity to bump the valve slightly. Picking the fast choice but using a standard valve may lead you to believe the valve is bad. The reason being the system will be giving very short shots of electricity to a valve that is geared down and expecting long shots. It might actually be turning but it is such a small amount that nothing much is accomplished.

Since your valve appears to have loose wires on it at this point, I would connect it temporarily to a loose 12V battery. Connecting it one way should cause the motor to run unless it is at the end of its stroke of revolution. Connecting the wires to the battery the other way should cause the motor to run in the opposite direction and then eventually stop. If you run the valve until you hear the motor stop, then reverse the wires, the motor should start again this time running in the opposite direction and then stop again. It should take around 8 seconds to go from one extreme to the other.

If a fast valve were used instead this procedure would be the same except the cycle time would be much much less since no gear reduction is involved.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)