AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trip Advice: Badlands/Blackhills/Yellowstone/Tetons/Glacier
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

After Hours Farm
Posted 4/19/2019 13:15 (#7448263)
Subject: Trip Advice: Badlands/Blackhills/Yellowstone/Tetons/Glacier

Indiana
Our family is taking once in a lifetime trip (at least for mom & dad) this summer with our kids (9 and 7) out west. The lodging has been booked for several months now other than the first and last few days of the trip. I've done a few searches on here and found some helpful info already.

My wife said I was crazy driving several thousand miles in a car with our kids. My response: Ok, I'll take the kids and have fun while you stay back and work. It didn't take long before she changed her mind :)

We will be taking the entire month of July off from our day jobs (& farming) to do this. Any ideas as we are driving there and back as well? Day activities on what to do or skip on? Good Day Hiking Trips w/ a 9/7 year old? Good Places to Eat?

4-5 days driving to the badlands from Indiana (15 hour drive broken up) We would like to stop at a equipment manufacturing plant but looks like our kids don't meet the age requirements for the tours. How flexible are they about that?

5 Days in the Badlands/Black hills/Custer Stat Park Area
1 Day/Night between Black hills and Yellowstone to see Devils Tower, etc.
4 Nights in Yellowstone on the east side in the park at 3 different locations
4 nights in Tetons National Park
2 Nights in Yellowstone on the west side at 2 different locations
1 Day to drive to Glacier National Park
4 Days (2 on the west side, 2 on the east side) at Glacier National Park

4-5 days driving back to Indiana to break up the 27 hour drive back

The goal is to drive a different route there versus heading back. (ex. I90 heading to the badlands, then I94 or even Canada 1 over to Minnesota - as the wife wants to stop at Mall of America on the way back).

We asked the one thing each kid wanted to do. One wanted to do horse back riding and the other wanted to fish. So, we have 1/2 day scheduled for each of these activities already.

Thanks in advance! It will be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Forgot to add a subject line

Edited by After Hours Farm 4/19/2019 13:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)