AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag leader STMM module on kinze 16/31
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/16/2019 13:14 (#7442652 - in reply to #7441372)
Subject: RE: Ag leader STMM module on kinze 16/31

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
plowboy2 - 4/15/2019 19:53

Last year in installed a ag leader STMM module and wiring harness on a kinze 16/31 planter. When I installed the wiring harness in put 1 through 16 on the rear " corn units" and 15 through 31 on the front rows. When I had a row fail it wasnt the row I thought it should be.

After looking at ag leader installation directions. It was showing that I should have started row 1 on the rear and alternate from front to back all the way through 31. Is this right?

The way I have the wiring harness can I just go in the monitor and change which rows are what. Without redoing the whole harness

The way I remember it the rows would be numbered row 1 on the left of the rear, then row 2 on the left of the pusher, then row 3 back on the rear etc. In other words alternating back to front as you mention. Then when the configuration informs the system that you are using all 31 rows, they will be numbered from left to right. If when you plant corn you only use the rear 16 rows then the configuration will not have the pusher option checked. The system will then in essence renumber the rows for you so they would be numbered 1-16 from let to right without rearranging any wiring. The system itself maps what was row 3 with pushers to row 2 without etc. Really the right way would be to remove the harness and lay it out the way Ag Leader intended.

I don't believe there is a way to change which rows are what other than to repin the wire connector which I wouldn't advise. As long as there are no problems, it really doesn't matter if the branches go to the correct rows.

Now if you have problems and need to investigate you might start looking at the wrong place. If you are using auto swath as well and have told the system to disregard the alarms on the rows that it shut off then there is more of a problem since the system might be shutting off the correct rows but the population side of things may feel that the wrong rows were shut off and alarm.

Edited by tedbear 4/16/2019 13:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)