AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rate control not working in field iq
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Fingers77
Posted 4/15/2019 22:16 (#7441810 - in reply to #7441757)
Subject: RE: Rate control not working in field iq

710 or 714 is a good Raven cal number.

The first two screens on this reply are for a PWM valve and auto tune. You have a servo valve for sure.

You need to switch the valve to a servo valve in FIQ setup. It's under the rate 'Rate Control' tab of FIQ setup. IIRC it may work on both fast and slow servo valve, just not properly. Yours is a normal valve.

I am not sure if you have had PWM selected from the start or if you had Servo chosen and out of frustration tried PWM. It's gotta be set to Servo.

If it goes up and down but is off rate, you need to fiddle with the gain and minimum response until it behaves itself, sometimes it takes a little while to dial it in. As it gets closer to the target rate, add decimal places to help dial it in, usually 1 or 2 decimals is plenty. I'd start at mu suggested 5 or so for gain, not going beyond 12, and keeping minimum response at 10 or below. Possibly try a few high settings every now and then of each to make sure things are moving, but I bet your numbers will be below 10 for both. It's been a while since I have seen sprayer cal screens, but that's how my foggy memory remembers it.

Good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)