AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rate control not working in field iq
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Fingers77
Posted 4/15/2019 20:46 (#7441539 - in reply to #7441248)
Subject: RE: Rate control not working in field iq

The FMX has no idea whether a valve is connected or not. Ever. It just sends voltage out the wires, it has no way to tell if there is something responding to it's inputs other than varying rates from some sort of another input module, in your case the flowmeter.

The second screen shot you have listed IS the valve calibration screen. The FM is just telling you, "Yes I see something going through the flowmeter, but I can't make it go to the rate you are asking for." For whatever reason, there can be many.

I don't think liquid allows auto calibration, or not all the time at least. You hit 'OK' on your second screen, then change settings until you get the valve to start to respond. To me, your Gain and Minimum Response are REALLY high, I think it's the numbers FIQ auto sets to. Try very low numbers, say 5 or 4 for gain and under 10% for minimum response and see how that works. Gain is the overall 'voltage' FIQ gives the valve to move, and Minimum Response is the 'kick' it gives the valve to get it to start moving when it tells it to. There are FIQ instructions online that list what the various settings do.

Somewhere in my shop computer I have a sheet put out by Trimble that gives basic start settings for various valves. I'd have to look, maybe someone else reading this has it. I couldn't find it easily online.

A few Questions:

1) Is your flowmeter calibration constant entered in the FIQ setup, AND is the correct multiplier applied? There is a box to choose a Raven flowmeter (if that is what you are using) because FIQ needs to multiply or divide its constant by 10 to work with a Raven meter. This needs to be close or you will never be able to calibrate the valve if it can't see what the valve is doing to vary the rate.

2) You are correct, you have a standard valve. +/- to open, -/+ to close. IF the valve immediately opens and stays open, try changing your FIQ settings to inline instead of bypass. I have valves on the farm that are run 'backwards' by FIQ. I tell FIQ it's a bypass valve when I am indeed running it inline. It's something to try.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)