AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Troubleshooting section boom valve sprayer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 4/15/2019 11:18 (#7440686 - in reply to #7440536)
Subject: RE: Troubleshooting section boom valve sprayer

Was you operating the sprayer when it happened? I have had that type of valve lock up from too much pressure against the valve. Firsttime, after chasing electrical for over an hour I decided to pull the ball out of the valve, figuring it was stuck. Some as I got it loose it spray water blew 15' in the air, along with the ball & spring. Finally found everything, put it back together and it worked find. Happened about a year later, opened the flush valve on that boom section & a little liquid came out but not like before. Tired turning boom section & nothing. Remembering previous experience I loosened the hose clamp where the supply hose goes into valve. Soon as I loosened the clamp hose blew off soaking me. Put hose on & everything worked. Spray tech was out a few days later on another problem & I asked him about the valves locking up. He said he's seen it happen a few times before. Said I had done something it didn't like. Still don't know what causes it but at least I know to stay out of the way when I loosen a hose.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)