AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm Office File Sharing/Backup Network Setup
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

stxman
Posted 4/15/2019 14:10 (#7440923 - in reply to #7440747)
Subject: RE: Farm Office File Sharing/Backup Network Setup

Of all the data I have videos are probably bottom on my list of importance (maybe "importance" is a bad description, more like amount of use), just have some old home movies that have been converted over to digital format and a few other misc videos that I don't want to loose, but not something that is used real often. The big important ones for me are spreadsheets, documents, pictures, SMS Data (around 2 terabytes of data now but always adding to it)

Potentially could be up to 4 people on the network at one time, but may grow by a few in the future.

A couple of the desktops do have SSD's, the NAS I currently has 2 - 4TB RED 5400 RPM Drives

My thoughts with the remote Android access was more maybe when I am in town and I need to look up a spreadsheet from home with a part #, serial # or some other info. Also, some sort of photo sharing or backup of the phones (multiple family members) so that pictures taken are stored in another place just beside the individual phone.

Laptop is not used a lot, just if I need something a little more portable and want a bigger screen than what I have on the phone. So it generally is not powered up unless in use.

I do have another building (house) that is separate from the farm office, the network is currently connected between the two buildings so I could have something in each building to help safeguard things in the event of fire/vandalism/lightning

For backup purposes it needs to be something that is automated other wise I can have intentions of doing it once a day, month, etc. but realistically won't happen as often as it should
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)