AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Saudi Aramco Prospectus.. Wanna buy an Oil Co?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Conan the Farmer
Posted 4/15/2019 23:34 (#7441932 - in reply to #7440382)
Subject: I was a Malthusian Once

South Central Iowa
Tesla is on a path to insolvency and there isn’t much to save them. That company’s death will take most of the bloom from the rose of BEV’s. They are double the cost of a real vehicle with half the utility; that’s not changing either. Hence why Tesla thought they could deliver a $35K model 3 with a 60kw battery at a profit in 2018. They can’t deliver it profitably this year. They can’t deliver it profitably for under $45K. The Chevy Volt is the same vehicle m/l body and interior as the Chevy Sonic; it is sold at a $6-7K loss for $36K vs the Sonic at $16K for a profit.

There is a bill called the “Drive America Forward Act” (I’d like to call it D.A.F.T. by using the t in Act, lol) that was introduced a few days ago. It is an extension and raise in the cap on number of Plug-in EVs eligible for the $7,000 tax deduction to 600,000 from the current 200,000. GM and Tesla have hit the cap and the tax deduction for purchasers is going away. I called my Congressman Cindy Axne’s (D) office to voice my opposition unless they included the ability to also deduct flex-fuel vehicles... for whatever good that does....

I have “Twilight in the Desert”! It is part of the Conan Library. 2005 was the year it was authored, though I got it circa 2012... still haven’t run out or really peaked there.... I had a Malthusian kick for a while. That’s a good hardback version, makes a good paperweight and helps hold up the softbacks! Lol

(C0373E67-9956-4214-BF9C-92508799A65C (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments C0373E67-9956-4214-BF9C-92508799A65C (full).jpeg (213KB - 64 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)