Got the 7200 planter all put back together this weekend. Short of 1 seed tube sensor, its ready to plant. I purchased it last summer and worked on it over the winter. It came with a Computer Trak 250 monitor. There are more new parts than old on it now, so hopefully it will last me for years to come. Here are some of the notable repairs...
Stripped down and repainted
Rotated and rerouted fertilizer tubes
Changed seed disk openers
Replaced seed tube guards
Removed insecticide boxes (might paint and reinstall later for parts storage)
Painted seed boxes and brackets
Cleaned and replaced seals on seed meters
Changed gauge wheel arms from old shim style to newer screw adjust style
Replaced numerous bearings and hex shafts
Rebuilt drive wheel assemblies (only 2 ground wheels had chains connected initially)
Removed no till coulters and replaced with Yetter short shark tooth floating row cleaners
Replaced closing wheel castings, bushings, and brackets (old were completely worn out where springs and bushings connected)
Here are a couple other posts I made during the process
Its too bad I couldn't make a living rebuilding stuff like this, I enjoyed doing it and think it came out looking good. My wife says she has a little animosity towards the planter because of how much time (and money) I spent on it. This is our first planter, as we used to use a relative's in previous years. I think by buying a project like this, I have a much better understanding of how the whole system works since I tore it completely down and rebuilt, so I should be able to troubleshoot issues faster in the field.