AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Art of the Deal
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

IN555
Posted 4/15/2019 16:52 (#7441119 - in reply to #7441096)
Subject: RE: all I can say is WOW.......

NW Indiana
Well as you would guess I don't live that far from Chicago. In NW IN there has been a boat load of manufacturing jobs leave over the last 30 years. IMO its about far more than Apple, its far more than about Agriculture. The concept of world trade is still somewhat of a new policy that we have many things to figure out yet. How do you set a minimum wage and expect to compete against a country that doesn't have one? We have decided to set all kinds of regulations that other countries do not have, how do we compete with them on labor? The issues at hand are far more advanced than just simple economics. Falco dog is much more knowledgeable on economics than I could ever dream to be but he argues for large deficits. My opinion is those deficits are creating serious inflation that most don't want to acknowledge. Those deficits are hurting those the most that the policies creating the deficit are supposedly helping. IMO we have lost all concept of what money really is, it is the representation of trade for goods and/or services. You can not create that. This transfer to a services style economy has not proving well for the US, that is because we aren't actually producing enough labor. As I said, IMO the trade war is far more complicated than just soybeans. I will however agree with you that we need it to end.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)