AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere 7700 combine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

AP4
Posted 4/15/2019 07:37 (#7440310 - in reply to #7440112)
Subject: RE: John Deere 7700 combine

Reno Co KS
Check the boot at the top of the clean grain elevator where the grain tank auger picks up the grain, they'll rust out. Check the frame the sive and chaffer mount in, they'll crack if the rubber bushings are worn out. Check those bushings too that are in the arms that run the sive.

Under the feeder house is where the grain shoe augers are driven. Those bearings can go out and the floor under the augers can rust if not properly cleaned out after harvest.

Then there's all the other wear parts, augers, chains, drive sprockets, belts,etc. The hours may or may not be right but with just over 700 hrs, it shouldn't have a lot of wear. If the hours are right and depending on what was harvested with it. If it sat outside and wasn't cleaned out well it could have more issues.

If it's a gasser, and I can't remember if 7700s had that option like 6600s and down, I would not give much for it at all. If the cab has the older AC, I'd be hesitant.

I ran a 4400 when I started out on my own 10 years ago. Same, same but different than a 7700.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)