AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere 7700 combine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jd43
Posted 4/15/2019 07:29 (#7440288 - in reply to #7440112)
Subject: RE: John Deere 7700 combine

Northeast Pa.
I'm going to try and stay positive on this subject. Will it start and run ? If so and you haven't operated a combine take along someone ( a JD combine mechanic would be best) who has. Have them check it out good and have them explain what they are looking for. Make sure air filter is clean. If it has sat for along time check for mice damage and debris. Start it up and run it for a while. Check out engine for issues, check turbo for oil slobber and fuel system for leaks. Move it around and check for the brakes working or hanging up. I had a brake hang up and almost burnt my 6600 up on the road. Make sure it shifts and works in all gears. Those tranny cables under the console can get bound up and be out of position. Now safely engage the separator and safely check it out for banging noises and bearing squealing etc. at idle. Now go to full operating speed and recheck it. The very best way to check it out is with an operators manual and follow the service guide. I started with a MF 410 and that thing taught about combines inside and out. My next one was 6600 and I thought I had a Cadillac compared to the MF. Oh yea the air has to work trust me on that one. If it happens to be a good one you will like it. I'm on my 3rd combine and have yet had one that didn't need some work when I bought one and you will always be working on them. That's my short list. Good luck, have fun and be safe.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)