AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Utv side by side reccomendations
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tallgrassneil
Posted 4/14/2019 10:53 (#7438657 - in reply to #7438465)
Subject: RE: Utv side by side reccomendations

West Texas

I bought a 2018 Polaris with the works more than a year ago, and have not regretted it once, not for one second.

Snowing, sleeting, raining or just plain windy, the heated cab is comfy and warm.

110 degrees? Ahhh, air conditioning!

Blowing sand so bad you can't see 20 feet? Oh Boy, Dust-proof* cab!

It goes places I would never drive my pickup, it damages less crop if I'm forced to go cross-country, I can check my pumps in all weather conditions, and enjoy it.

It zips along at up to 60 mph and handles terrain quite nicely, thank you. It has a full length/full width steel skid pan to protect from the inevitable rock and stump.

It even has a Performance setting, for the cowboys out there.

The wife can drive it!

It does have a few cons. Nothing is perfect, sadly.

Checking the engine oil involves minor bodily contortions.

Carrying fuel in the cargo bed is (wisely) forbidden, after a series of fires.

The roof can leak (mine will drip directly onto my crotch) in heavy downpours, especially if in forward motion.

The blue indicator lights are so bright they can blind you at night. Even with duct tape placed over them, you can still see the lights. Oddly enough, the headlight indicator switch is always on, whether the lights are on or not.

The muffler/exhaust design tends to catch dry plant matter. Smelling something smoldering can be unnerving if you're driving through tall, dry grass. I do see that Polaris changed the design for 2019, so that may be a nonissue now.

It's not cheap. If you want cheap, get something else.

*relatively speaking, of course

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)