AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another Planter?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

frytownfarmer
Posted 4/14/2019 09:07 (#7438513 - in reply to #7438250)
Subject: RE: Another Planter?

Frytown, Iowa
I ran at night once and a dang cornstalk wedged itself in my spike toothed closing wheel and drug the thing two whole lengths ona nice flat 80ac before I caught it in my lights. I came to the conclusion it gets light at 5am... at that time if I can get my butt out of bed in the 4 o’clock hour and get ready to plant when the sun comes up I’m ready to shut down when it gets dark.

Hope this spring goes well for you. If you can’t enjoy your job why are you doing it? I had some anxiety last spring about getting everything done timely and one restless night which was the first night of planting I came to the conclusion if I can’t enjoy what I’m doing I need to do something I can have fun doing. Huge weight lifted off me and the rest of that spring I had the time of my life until May 30th when the maket went into a free fall and I watched the fruits of my hard work vanish into thin air. Then I had more sleepless nights...

But at least I had May! LOL Take a breather. It will get done. The neighborhood sees you trying and making a solid effort and you will keep a good name.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)