AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader insight and electric row clutch problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/14/2019 02:22 (#7438141 - in reply to #7437633)
Subject: RE: Agleader insight and electric row clutch problem

Southern Minnesota Between Freeborn & Wells
Upon startup and periodically through the day. The system checks to see if the number and location of the row clutches it finds is an exact match with the configuration. Your error message is indicating that it found 0 clutches.

I get this with my SurVacs if I work with the planter with the boxes removed. This is because my clutches are part of the covers on the row units and are disconnected. In my case I have 12-2 row sections. A section clutch will be reported present if either clutch or both are present for a section. In other words if I have one or the other of a pair connected that section passes the test. The system performs this test in an effort to warn you when things are not correct. In my case with two row sections, this test is helpful but does not guarantee 100% that all clutches are present as long as one of each pair is present. The system can do this since each clutch is wired "hot" and ground is completed to stop planting. This means the system can check for 12V on the potential ground wire to determine if a clutch is "out there".

To fool the system, I can just remove the covers, plug the SureVacs in and lay them temporarily on the frame. I flip my implement switch override switch on and then use a tube brush or a few kernels to test my population monitoring. I have reassigned my sections to four individual switches so a helper can flip a section ON/OFF and I can observe whether the plungers on the SureVacs for that section cycle as I would expect. If this all looks proper, I can reinstall the covers on the planting units and install them in the usual operating position.

My guess in your case is that none of the clutches are connected for some reason or another. Maybe the planter is not connected. Maybe the high current connection to the module has problems etc. The high current connection is the pair of heavier wires (black and red) that should lead directly to the battery. The green flashing LED on the module is good and indicates CAN communication with the rest of the system but it does not show the status of high current power. The module and clutches need the high current power/ground to the two pin gray connector on the clutch module with a "hot" branch leading to each clutch.

Edited by tedbear 4/14/2019 09:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)