AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ethanol
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

MNfarmer85
Posted 4/13/2019 22:26 (#7438039 - in reply to #7437905)
Subject: RE: Ethanol

South Central MN
After the event at the MOA recently I think ethanol will be even lower on his list when he comes here. Be interesting if someone brings ethanol and waivers up to him though.

No doubt both sides will get to flapping back and forth over something, maybe they can generate a warm wind and dry out the ground in this state so we can plant sometime while it is still spring.

Right now anyone here would have to be dense to fill up an E-85 vehicle with anything other than that, put in some today for $1.999 per gallon vs. $2.699 for regular, can't say that the mileage difference is that big. Probably saving ~$.30 per gallon for the same amount of miles traveled, depending on vehicle efficiency running E-85. Main problem is a lack of blender or midrange blends, only so much going into E-10, E-15 is only 1.5X the amount, now if they offered E-30 around here probably be a different story. I'd have to drive miles out of my regular way to visit one of those pumps. Its either regular and +, ++ regular, or E-85 at one station. They do have ethanol free as well on one island but that is labeled as small engine or collector vehicle use only. A few small stations around here only carry regular and diesel fuel, no room for anything else.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)