AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dishwasher with extra height adjustment?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Yoosta B
Posted 4/13/2019 20:29 (#7437795 - in reply to #7437531)
Subject: RE: Dishwasher with extra height adjustment?

John Smith - 4/14/2019 07:34 That is the problem, Old house New flooring 33-7/8” to bottom of the counter edge Probably a 1-1/2” edge Probably around 35-1/2” to the top Should be 36” Need to cut out 1/4-1/2” Router? Saw? This counter top is 1/4” lower than the center counter with the sink, If I had the 1/4” to play with I could get the proper adjustments.

Sounds like you're trying to 'lower the river' when you're gonna have to 'raise the bridge'. All dishwashers are made to fit under the same counter height, so I doubt you'll find one you can lower enough to do what you wish.

Not what you wanna hear, but the only right fix is to (carefully) remove the countertop and the cabinets. Raise the base cabinets according to the new floor height and reinstall everything. Can address any damage to flooring/subfloor by the leakage at that time. Alternative is to remove only the countertop and add stock to tops of base cabinets to raise that.

Kitchen is the most-used space in the house. Fix it right the first time and keep everyone (and especially someone) happy.

Edited by Yoosta B 4/13/2019 20:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)