AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone think soybeans will be on the list?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

LongKC
Posted 4/12/2019 20:56 (#7436173 - in reply to #7435928)
Subject: RE: Anyone think soybeans will be on the list?

Middle Tennessee
I thought you said appendectomy. I had one at my son's age: 14, 85 pounds, on the football team, bullied by classmates and teammates. I didn't want to go to school, I had slept on my side weird and some negligible transient pain in my groin. So I told my folks, "I think its my appendix." Normally parents would say, "get your ass out of bed," but my parents are actually foster parents so they pretty much had to take me to the hospital, a for-profit hospital a few decades ahead of it's time I guess. Anyway, surgeon said, "no symptoms of appendicitis, but his white blood cell count is a liitle bit high, so I recommend we go ahead and take them out." I remember waking to my own shrieks in a pitch-black room, didn't pinch a good loaf for a couple weeks.

Fast forward to today: I've got an inguinal hernia, it doesn't hurt, but it's slowing me down on my bmx, it's ugly, and I'm sick of doing made-up yoga exercises I pretend is slowing it down. So I want surgery....

Where to go? Well, right up I-65 from here Sen. Rand Paul got beat up by his neighbor and fellow doctor in a fancy Bowling Green Ky neighborhood while arguing over their lawn. Sen. Paul had a few broken ribs, and he claims the assault also caused a hernia (I doubt that, probably helped pad the lawsuit and who can blame him). So where did he go to have it repaired? CANADA! That's right, the Shouldice clinic which specializes in hernia repair in Ontario. When faced with criticism about seeking healthcare in a socialized system that he opposes, he said, well, it's a private hospital. Now that's true, but it's a private hospital that only exists because of the Canadian system, and citizens can have hernias repaired there for free. Anyway, I'm gonna go there...Only a couple k more than here even considering insurance covers zero up there. And they sew it up, no mesh, and you can stay a couple nights rather than getting shipped home same day...Medical tourism!

I think I'm gonna go there.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)