AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Smuggled pork
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

johnny skeptical
Posted 4/12/2019 16:19 (#7435680 - in reply to #7435596)
Subject: RE: Smuggled pork

n.c.iowa
The problem we got here mikado is that unlike the far eastern countries where more than likely the farrowing and finishing are on the same sight, like it was back in the good ol’ days here, now pigs are hauled hither and thro, like so many other commodities, often times with several state borders under their belts, and no small number have a international border to their credit.

Then you throw in that a large numbers of pigs are being taken care of by “pig barn janitors” (not my words, so please don’t shoot the messenger) that aren’t long time pig guys. The old timers who know what trouble looks like, and know it’s right around the corner at any time are getting pretty few and far between, which most of the field men for the integrators are, are spread too thin. So I guess my summary of this little diatribe against the modern way of raising hogs is this, a potential outbreak could go undiagnosed long enough to be a really serious problem.

I just think with the way things are done nowadays by the time they figured out that there was a problem, it’d be the zombie apocalypse.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)