AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bulk Commodity Growers,,,why Farm?........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 4/12/2019 09:39 (#7435069 - in reply to #7435002)
Subject: RE: Bulk Commodity Growers,,,why Farm?........

beebe44 - 4/12/2019 09:02

There are some rental properties all around my area with very good returns. The opportunity with residential is to convert farmland to residential which is what we are doing. We have quickly quadrupled the value of our farm. There are some good commercial opportunities as well. My area is rapidly growing and we have some great realtors helping us know what to do to take advantage of it. THis is just what is happening in my area but aside from real estate there are plenty of options that look great compared to the returns people get with farming.
Beebe, trust me, you don’t need to convince me you are thinking creatively, putting your assets to their highest economic use. I may throw this concept out there that you may not have considered that perhaps would/could accomplish the same end result, unleashing the horsepower of your equity stake to achieve higher returns without excess risk. While I don’t have a clue what you’re thinking an acre is going to bring when you sell, but let’s say for discussion sake it’s $24,000. You could come here to Iowa and buy 3 acres for the price of one back home. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending upon how you look at it, You’ll not have much trouble fetching $300 acre rent, maybe even a little more, enough anyway to cover the property taxes. That’s aproaching a 4% gross return on the full unleashed value of your new found substantially increased property back home. While that ROI certainly won’t match the potential of residential or commercial property, it’s also much less hassle. Food for thought anyway.

Edited by Boone & Crockett 4/12/2019 09:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)