AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thinking about opening a restaurant
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Pigpiggy
Posted 4/6/2019 12:17 (#7423945)
Subject: Thinking about opening a restaurant

Texas
The only reason it’s being discussed is due to family wanting to be a part of it. Personally, I don’t possess the people skills to deal with difficult customers who find fault with everything and will leave bad reviews no matter how good the service & food are. I’ll leave the customer service to family members. Right now we’re working on a menu, suppliers, and realistic annual costs. We don’t yet have a location picked out, but it’s gotta be along a highway.

If we can make a profitable go of it for the first three years, then we will have cleared the hurdle of when most individually owned restaurants fail. The plan is to find a location and existing building where we’ll have enough customers on weekdays too and not be solely dependent on weekends. But being open 7 days a week seems too demanding and will lead to burnout and disinterest for anyone. I don’t know yet whether to risk being closed on Sunday or maybe just Monday. Seems like we would be giving up a lot more potential revenue by being closed on a Sunday. There’s so much to think about in the planning stage. We’re just going to start small and not stress ourselves out with all the other details. I’ll let you guys know where and when we get this thing off the ground.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)