AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NAT not available to me follow up
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

YawLes
Posted 4/2/2019 15:39 (#7416470 - in reply to #7413948)
Subject: oh, and don't forget the routers' conversations!

I didn't want to wade head-first into the router conversations that go on to get you the web-site(s)...

Your computer tells the router "Hey, Paul wants to download NewAgTalk.com. How do I get to that web-site?"

The local router says, "I'm your gateway to the internet over here... send the packet requests to me!" Which your computer does.

The local router turns to it's internet gateway and asks " Who's seen NewAgTalk.com?" Somewhere in the WWW, a router closest to your computer will reply, I've seen NewAgTalk.com traffic on my port xx. Send me the packet requests"

That router then asks out it's port number xx, "Who's seen NewAgTalk.com?" . . . and the chain continues until it's made it to the server that hosts NAT.

IF you add in OSPF - open shortest path first - routing, not only will the routers ask, "Who's seen _____" it will at the same time ask "how long will it take to get to NewAgTalk.com?" The router asking will then pick the replying router with the quickest return packet time...

AND THEN, you add in SLA - service level agreements - which your ISP promises it's best customer's "we'll give you up-time and download speeds of xx% of the time @ XXX mb/second. If you don't have an SLA, there is a minute chance your traffic may be delayed by the router to satisfy the ISP's VIP traffic...

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)