AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CDL. Class a
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Drilldo
Posted 4/3/2019 00:05 (#7417334 - in reply to #7414695)
Subject: RE: CDL. Class a

Texas
I am glad I already have mine and I am glad they are making it more difficult to get one. The test is way too easy.

When I decided I wanted a CDL I went and got the handbook and read it all in one night. Took and passed all the written tests the next morning. A few weeks later I went to Dallas and paid one of those rent a CDL test truck places for use of their truck for the driving test. I had never driven a semi in my life. The guy I rented from spent about thirty minutes with me driving it for practice and then I went and took the driving test. Passed it with a 92. Lost 8 points on the parallel park.

I had zero experience other than pickups with goosenecks and I passed it all and got my CDL with about four total hours of prep time on my part in reading the manual and practice driving. Worked out good for me but frankly it is scary that it is that easy to get a license for an 80,000lb missle. I also very easily passed everything by a wide margin. Someone could have done much worse on the written and driving tests and still passed. Scary.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)