AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
Search Forums | Classifieds (106) | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What are these parts (pics) ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format
Nate B.
Posted 3/23/2019 19:55 (#7397571 - in reply to #7397273)
Subject: RE: What are these parts (pics) ?

Bremen, KS
That is correct, a KVM like that is an either/or device. It is used to share a mouse/keyboard/monitor with more than one computer.

Up until recently most desktop computers weren't keen on running "headless", i.e. without a keyboard and mouse attached. the KVM supplied a signal to each computer that satisfied the logic that monitored the keyboard/mouse ports to avoid warnings and lockups. We used a KVM to keep a few desktop spares online at my previous employment.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)