AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for info on Friggstad chisel plows/cultivators
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bigblockford_390
Posted 3/19/2019 21:24 (#7390000)
Subject: Looking for info on Friggstad chisel plows/cultivators

East Helena Montana
Im looking to buy an older chisel plow and I have found a Melroe and a Friggstad near by where I farm. The Melroe is 45 feet currently but I have some stubs I could put on to get it to 47. The Friggstad is 54.

I am familiar with the Melroe as we currently have a 39 foot and use to have a 48 when I was a kid. I know at one time there was a lot of Friggstads around in MT since they were built just across the border and I know it was bought up by Flexi Coil but that is about the extent.

My dad was not a fan of the Friggstad but wont really give me a lot of good reasons to support that claim. I also cannot find much online since they were built and used pre-internet days. I have managed to find people complaining the chains break for the depth control.

What else can any one share with me? I know both brands are obsolete, I have Melroe parts plus complete machine I currently use and the Friggstad has a parts machine to go with it. We have been no till since early 2000's but Im getting tired of the chemical bill and no results in the weed kill department so I am getting back into tillage.

Any info on the Grey and red Friggstad's would be great! Also if anyone in Montana has any they want to sell that would be great too!

Jeff

Edited by bigblockford_390 3/19/2019 22:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)