AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Leachman Cattle of Colorado??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Supa Dexta
Posted 3/20/2019 06:07 (#7390360 - in reply to #7389513)
Subject: RE: Leachman Cattle of Colorado??

NS Canada
They used to be a name you heard often in the 90s/early 2000s.. Then they seemed to go extreme on the smaller cattle, to the point they were selling bulls with sub 500lb weaning weights. I see they still have a website and a sizable catalog - but they don't list weights anymore. I'd say they're good at marketing to keep up their program, but the fact you don't hear of them anymore says otherwise. They must have a group of people that run in the same circles keep buying, and maybe lure in a new customer once and a while.

Edit - ah here we go, they tried to do a branded beef company in the early 2000s that sank them in montana, and now operate out of colorado. So thats why I haven't heard much of them since the early 2000's

http://www.leachman.com/1973-2003-leachman-cattle-company

Sounds like they were never happy heading in one direction and tinkered too much. LCHMN BODYBUILDER is a bull you see a lot back in older sim genetics, but I'm not sure his story, Leachman was partnered up with ludvigson stock farms in Iowa somehow, and they are listed as the breeder. Nearly 3100 progeny listed under Bodybuilder.

Edited by Supa Dexta 3/20/2019 06:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)