AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Greenstone Patronage check
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

hillfarmer
Posted 3/20/2019 06:58 (#7390427 - in reply to #7390217)
Subject: RE: Greenstone Patronage check

John e.c.MI - 3/19/2019 23:58

I first dealt with Greenstone in 1985(Production Credit back then). They never did anything to me in a negative way but I never felt good about the whole experience. I paid that off and started working with a small local bank which treats me well. Several years after my first experience with Farm Credit a friend and fellow agtalker who was working for them stopped in and asked if he could set me up with a revolving credit line. Flash forward, I still have the credit line and I am at the max level without them requiring any collateral. That is as far as I am willing to go with Greenstone. If I need something from my bank it usually only takes one phone call and I get what I need. I never have to wait to be ‘approved’.

I have no issues with Greenstone but memories of being 18(I’m 52 now)and them taking everything I had for collateral are still fresh in my mind. My patronage check is never very big but it is nice none the less. I also own stock in my local bank and get a dividend check from them as well. I guess it’s all about being where you are comfortable.

The stock I have does not pay, the same ratio

Maybe I should venture farther South
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)