AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Floods effect on organic ground?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 3/19/2019 06:12 (#7388509)
Subject: Floods effect on organic ground?

Chebanse, IL.....

The photos/videos of flooding in NE & surrounding states have been sad to view. Sympathies go to those involved. Good luck on recoveries.

But, a recent thread on NAT re. organic farming & glyphosate residuals made me wonder if massive flooding such as are being experienced do affect organic farms retaining their certifications, or whatever it is that qualifies farms as organic? As was pointed out by another poster, I am admittedly & obviously ignorant on those regulations as they don't involve our farming. Here was one of his statements:

It's cool with me whatever you want to do on your side of the fence. Just keep your stuff over there.

So, apparently the debris, top soil, fertilizers, etc, etc, haven't stayed on their side of the fence, or "over there". Is this a problem? Or is tolerance given for natural catastrophies?

Just wondering. Also, I don't mean to minimize the personal losses of those being flooded. I'm sure they have much bigger problems in life right now than worrying about my dumb questions.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)