AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cutting off main stem of soybean at v5-v7--increased pods almost double
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

johnny skeptical
Posted 3/18/2019 16:48 (#7387552 - in reply to #7387045)
Subject: RE: Cutting off main stem of soybean at v5-v7--increased pods almost double

n.c.iowa
Back in the day I knew a guy that would do very well in the soybean trial plots, for years he dominated,but I couldn’t really figure what his program was, eventually he retired.

Soooo one i day I was kinda trying to pry his “secret” out of him, he kinda beat around he bush, and was toying with me, when I kinda finally got him to give up his secret.

He figured out that pinnacle applied the appropriate time and amount would kill the growing point, and cause the axillary buds to branch out. He wouldn’t tell me when or how much it took for this to happen.
When I pressed him further he ended by saying, “ I figured it out by myself, you can figure it yourself”.
I tried many times, and I thought I kinda had a grasp on it, but could never consistently get it too work.

I retrospect I think he had the amount figured out, but the staging proved elusive, so he had several consecutive plots that he applied pinnacle at a couple day intervals.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)