AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Minor run-in with the po-po yesterday.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

alan mn.
Posted 3/17/2019 18:54 (#7385972 - in reply to #7385360)
Subject: RE: Minor run-in with the po-po yesterday.

Balaton Mn
cottonhauler - 3/17/2019 11:42

Got off work and went to town (about 800 pop.) to get some gas and a six-pack. Was going to go check a field of corn that had been planted 8 days before, about 2 miles away. As I was leaving town, not speeding, not drinking, I see the reds and blues. He let me know my registration was out. I apologized and told him I would get it done. He then politely ask if I had any weapons in the vehicle. I said "a pocketknife". He wasn't concerned about that, nor should he have been. He then asked if I had anything illegal in the vehicle. I again told him no, that I've owned this vehicle for 8 years. He THEN asked if he could search my vehicle. I politely said no. He asked why and I told him "I do not consent to unwarranted searches". He told me that was my right, I said, I know that. He asks if he could run his dog around a sniff for drugs. I said I don't care, I know damn good and well there's nothing illegal in here. I get out and stand to the side while the dog does his thing. He puts te dog back in the car and walks over to speak with me and asks "would you be upset if I told you my dog alerted"? I said that I would be extremely upset! He says "I'm just joking, he didn't find anything." I told him NOBODY drives my pickup, because nobody wants to! He laughed and said have a good day. We shook hands and we both left. Now, why would he be asking all those questions to someone with expired tags? Kinda hacked me off. Other than the registration, I had done NOTHING wrong. But 25 minutes later, I was finally allowed to leave.

Because he is a pig.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)