AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Minor run-in with the po-po yesterday.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

boa628
Posted 3/17/2019 16:45 (#7385777 - in reply to #7385360)
Subject: RE: Minor run-in with the po-po yesterday.

SWOH
Local hog farmer here in his late 60’s got in the habit of doing chores Sunday morning and then going through McDonald’s drive thru to get breakfast. Then he’d drive over to the local park and sit in his truck and eat breakfast and listen to a preacher he liked on the radio before he went home and got ready for church. After doing this for several weeks he was sitting in his truck one Sunday and a cruiser pulled behind him and blocked him so he couldn’t back up and just sat there for about 5 minutes. Finally the young cop gets out and walks up to the driver’s side window with her hand on her service weapon and asks the guy what he’s doing. He tells her and she asked him some more questions and asked for his license and registration and goes back to the cruiser for another 10 minutes. She finally came back and asked him some more questions and by this time he’s getting a little upset and asked the cop why she is harassing him. She wouldn’t tell him anything, just kept asking questions and finally gave his info back and she left. She had kept him there for about 20 minutes.

This is a town of right around 5000 people, there have been a few overdoses in the past few years and our county had a huge overdose problem around the time all of this happened. I assume the cop thought maybe he was sitting there shooting up but if you knew this guy it would’ve been extremely obvious in about 2 minutes that he wasn’t doing anything sketchy.

I understand the cop was doing her job, or thought she was doing her job. But there’s a point where it turns into harassment. I would call your situation harassment. But maybe if I were a cop I wouldn’t see it that way.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)