AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question about all the flooding in E/Ne Nebraska and washed out bridges
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jsfarms86
Posted 3/16/2019 16:36 (#7384168 - in reply to #7384126)
Subject: RE: Question about all the flooding in E/Ne Nebraska and washed out bridges

Northeast Nebraska
Its absolutely crazy how widespread it is. I just came back home from sandbagging. 1000s of people working together to save the community. I thought for sure we were sitting good and had it covered, so they sent us home. Just heard they want volunteers back as its going up again. Seems like it gets worse before it better.

Not sure how the state will handle the repair of bridges and roads. I think it's safe to say it would be 100s of bridges that need repaired. Gravel roads are shot and need lots of clay hauled in along with good road base. My concern is the rock quarry will get flooded by the Missouri and we will not be able to get rock. We are surrounded by gravel so that will be fine.

The true devastation is going to be the housing. Lots of lower end houses are flooded and no where for those people to go. Some of these towns are completely flooded or just gone. I have around 700 acres that are underwater and will need tree removal, stalks and sand moved. Definitely an added expense for me but I still have my house and family and friends. What I have seen from the surrounding communities we will all get through this together.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)