AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Flooding in Nebraska
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

vailcat
Posted 3/15/2019 20:26 (#7382831 - in reply to #7382689)
Subject: RE: Flooding in Nebraska

NCND
That’s exactly what happened to mouse river in 2011here. They waited too long to do anything about about the situation because they were trying to keep the reservoirs full. Was pretty obvious to a casual observer that the snowpack coupled with any rain would be big trouble. Only 4000+ houses destroyed in minot during a housing crunch from oil boom which made a busy town with no housing even busier. We were literally loading frack sand at a plant as sirens to evacuate town were sounding. Probably the most incredible event I’ll ever see first hand with so many things coming together. Avery unique situation given housing crunch and the most booming economy the state had ever seen.

I talked to a supplier in Nebraska in Thursday wasn’t aware of anything going on there until I talked to them. Bad deal for sure. Rain on ground that is frozen is never good.

I wander if Missouri could flood again given huge snowpack in that basin throughout the Rockies. Yellowstone had record ice thickness on it a couple weeks back. I also saw an iced over Gallatin river in spots for first time in my life. Be an interesting spring for sure. Good luck to all down in husker land.

Edit to add I see 6-14 calls for a very high chance of much above precipitation for Nebraska and Iowa Kansas. Big swath actually looking like it’s going to stay wet. Hope it moves up here as we are buried under snow with frozen ground so don’t think much of it will soak in.

Edited by vailcat 3/15/2019 20:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)