AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4020 24/12 volt conversion has me stumped
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Where Can I find?????Message format

BGH0759
Posted 3/15/2019 12:38 (#7382192)
Subject: 4020 24/12 volt conversion has me stumped

Ordered & installed conversion kit with starter, alternator & starter relay, (some included wiring) and voltage guage and page of instructions - which, except for installation of the voltage guage not yet done, I believe I've followed pretty well. My problem is I have no power at the switch & starter push button. I wonder if the wires to the two circuit breaker/resistors mounted on the old, 24 volt starter should have been connected somewhere. I've cut & isolated them.The instructions did not mention them, only that the yellow wire - the push button/safety switch circuit - should connect to the starter relay.

The wiring harness on this 1969 model has been tinkered with by someone else back in the past who replaced the generator with an alternator, which never maintained the batteries. The lights have never worked - but that's not a problem for me I don't do any night time work. There are several hanging wires & disconnected plugs.

I wonder if my solution might be to create a starter/alternator/key/push button/relay circuit. If anyone could point me to a schematic of such a system, I'd appreciate it a lot.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)